Requirements for participation in the "Ghana Vis à Vis" initiative
Casa Africa, a public and Cultural diplomactic agency associated to the Spanish Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Spanish Cooperation announces the initiative "Ghana Vis à Vis", the first professional meeting between Spanish music producers, programmers and musicians of Ghana. The final phase will be held in Accra, Ghana, from 15th to 17th March 2019.
- All artists and music groups living in Ghana can participate.
- The initiative is open to any style of music and language.
- Registration period: January 15th to February 15th, 2019.
- Registration will be formalized on the website www.ghanavisavis.com providing the name of the artist or group with its members, their MP3 songs, music clips/videos (optional), web page and links, images and contact information
- Once registered, each participant will record up to three musical compositions in mp3 format.
- The participants authorize Casa Africa the production and public communication of their music to promote the initiative on the radio, online listening, streaming or any other means of promotion.
- The authorization will be valid until the end of the Spanish tour of the winners of "Ghana Vis à Vis".
- After the recording of artists and their music, a selection committee formed by Spanish programmers and producers will select 12 artists or groups among all the candidates. The selected participants will take part in professional meetings and perform in the live concert "Ghana Vis à Vis" in a site to be determined in ACCRA. Concerts and meetings will take place between March 15th and 17th, 2019.
- It is essential that the 12 selected artists or groups have at least thirty minutes of repertoire to participate in the concert phase. The performances will be live. Musicians who participate in these performances must be the same as those who would travel to Spain (play back not admitted).
- Maintenance, travel expenses and accommodation costs of artists or groups not living in ACCRA will not be covered by the organization during their stay from 15th to 17th March.
- The organization of this initiative will communicate the schedules of the concerts to the groups.
- The selection commission of "Ghana Vis à Vis" will select two artists or groups as the winners of this initiative. These groups will participate in a tour of concerts during the month of July 2019 in Spain. The cost of the trip will be paid for by the organization. It will be limited to a maximum of 6 members per group. The organization will not cover the expenses of other people who accompany the artists (technicians, road manager, etc...) and will guarantee a technical support team in Spain to provide service for the selected groups.
- The selection committee is empowered to resolve any doubts, claims or incidents occurring throughout this process by adopting decisions it deems pertinent.
- The participation and recording of data and music in this initiative involves the full acceptance of these requirements by the participants and the declaration that all information given is real.